At each hygiene visit, our Oral Health Therapist carries out a periodontal (gum) examination. She will also thoroughly scale and polish your teeth to remove any plaque and calculus (scale or tartar) which has accumulated above and below the gumline. She is also adept at providing:-
- personalised oral hygiene instructions so you know the best way to look after your mouth – prevention is better than cure!,
- dental education so that as a patient you have a better understanding of any problems you may experience,
- dietary advice to prevent erosion, tooth decay or bad breath,
- re-mineralisation advice to help to slow down early lesions (the start of tooth decay) that may be present,
- diagnosis and treatment of gingivitis and periodontitis. If advanced gum treatment is required this is able to be done using local anaesthetic if requested.